Saturday, September 20, 2008

My baby girl...



Happy birthday to my baby girl. Okay, she's my only girl. I love here deeply. We don't always get along, but I know she loves me too. She is my best friend. I can't believe she is 12 years old. The years have gone so fast. I am so very proud of Kaylee, and all she has accomplished in the few years she has been in our family.

She is a wonderful student, so self motivated. Her grades are nearly perfect, and she doesn't even struggle in school. She is an incredible swimmer, both in speed swimming, and in her new love, Synchro. She has had to make some hard decisions when it comes to synchro, and has gotten flack from some people about those choices. She made these decisions after much prayer. We are proud of her determination to excel at a sport, and keep her standards high and testimony strong, even if others don't agree with her decisions. She is a good example and missionary to her teammates and other swimmers. The choices she has made in the sport, and opportunities she has sacrificed show what a stong testimony she truly does have .
She is a great example to those around her. I constantly hear from others how great she is. (Even though I sometimes wonder which child they are really talking about). She is a loyal friend, kind and compassionate. She is also a pleaser, always wanting others to be happy with her. She has a few very close friends, but not one best friend.
We think Kaylee is wonderful and we are very proud of her and the choices she makes each day, (when she is not tormenting her brothers).



Happy birthday to our princess Kaylee!!


11 comments:

Sarah Williams said...

Kara your email isnt on your blog so email me- swimmingmom888@aol.com so i can invite you to get motivated!

Kyle and Morgan said...

hey chica what is up you are sooooooooo great i am going to come visit soon so i will see you in like 2weeeks imiss you chicalica


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love kelsi

Carri said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee! Wow, what nice things your mom says about you! I can tell how much you are loved! We love you, too! Carri & Olivia

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee! What a great age to be. Hope you had a great Birthday. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

♥HANNAH♥ said...

aww i love it kara! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE!!!! i cant believe your 12!!

Katrina said...

Kara,
I love your blog & can't believe how much your kids have grown! I sat next to Ty at the ASU game on Sat. & didn't even realize it was him for a long time! Send me your e-mail if you would like an invite to my blog (it's private). My e-mail is webbsjunk@cox.net.

Jennifer Wheeler said...

How's our FAVORITE swimming teacher? Came across your blog through Nate and Jessie's and wanted to say hello. You have a Super cute family. Hopefully we'll see ya next summer if not sooner...

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!
Kara and family, I just heard about your Grandma Wood passing away. She was a wonderful woman and I will miss her.
((hugs))
Leslie

Nic said...

I would have to agree, Kaylee is such a darling girl! Happy Birthday! Your great big smile & willingness to give a talk in a moments notice will be greatly missed in primary! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment. We are very excited.

check out this page for the fonts, its my other blog and will direct you to where I got them. enjoy


http://getwithitmom.blogspot.com/search/label/fonts

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Kara you have been tagged!! Go here and copy then post it on your blog with your answers.Hugs, Bobbi Jo
http://insidebobbijoskitchen.blogspot.com/