Monday, September 8, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

Mike and Kristie hosted us for a mini family reunion in Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend. We had the best time hanging out at their new house, and seeing some (censored) things on the strip.
Mike and Kristie: The best hosts ever
Mike and Kristie got the adults tickets to see the Cirque de Soleil show Mystere. It was AWESOME. I can't believe the incredible strength the performers have. Sure made me want to hit the gym more, and get Todd there too. I would have never imagined people could do those things, or that I would be so entralled the entire time!
The 3 brothers, yep, Todd is oldest and smallest
The Bowman Grandkids Our family
Chris, Rachael, Lexie. Emileigh is home sleeping with Grandma

We went to the Mandalay Bay Aquarium, to see the MGM Lions, the M&M World, the Venetian gondolas, and the Bellagio water show. We tried to see the Treasure Island pirate show, but it was cancelled. We later heard that it was a good thing we missed it, because it would not have passed the censor for our kids. I think the Bellagio was the biggest hit. The kids just wanted to stay and watch more and more.
We spent lots of time in the pool, and eating. We took the kids to church on Sunday, trying to explain that the church is the same no matter where you go, but some of the kids had a hard time understanding why their building was so small. (Yeah, we usually attend at the Stake Center, this was a regular size building)
Thanks for a great weekend. We can't wait to come see you again. It was great!

9 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Kara,
So great to hear you are alive and catching up on your blog! JK(Just giving you a hard time)Great pictures. Sounds like you had a good time in Vegas. I need your email. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Kristina P. said...

I saw Mystere years ago, and it's awesome. Those performers are incredible. Looks like a fun time!

Cadi said...

ummm...Vegas?! What a blast! Your guys summer seems like it was fun-filled. Now back to the grind...

Anonymous said...

Your alive.
So good to know!

Chris and Andrea said...

I am glad that you found my blog!! We are now blog buddies!

Lisa said...

Hey girl,
I miss you and your kids! I have a feeling you will never just sit and chill! That's what "vacations" are for...haha! I'm glad you guys got some family time this year without all the "other stuff"!

Leslie said...

Hey Kara! Yes, feel free to give Devan my blog address. You can share my email, too:
scrapmom3 at gmail dot com
Leslie Woolf
P.S. Great to "find" you, too!

Leslie said...

P.S. Blogstalk all you want. Just comment every once in a while!
Leslie

Leisel said...

I guess its been awhile since I've seen your kids. I think I would recognize the boys (they look like Nichols) Kaylee is all grown up! When did that happen? Looks like a fun summer.