Monday, September 8, 2008

Okay, I'm a slacker, I get it!

So it's been 2 months since I last wrote. In fact, if it weren't for the many comments I hear about what a slacker I am, I probably still wouldn't be writing. Now you all know why I don't keep a journal. There is no one prodding me along. So here is a quick recap of our end of summer...
Kaylee did great at Nationals...5th in Solo, 10th in team. Since they have all swam 3 years or less, (mostly less) this is awesome.



While in New York, I got to spend a few hours in Palymra and the Sacred Grove. What a wonderful experience. Todd flew out on a free ticket to watch Kaylee swim. What a surprise for her. She was thrilled. Not such a great trip for Todd...He came down with MONO and the rest of the month was awful. (for me too).

In July, Mom left for girl's camp, and Dad had to be in charge. He had to take the kids to the City Finals swim meet by himself. Whil all of our kids did great this summer, Tanner was our City Champ. He won 2 golds and a silver, clinching the High Point trophy.
We got to spend a week in Carlsbad CA at the beach. This is exactly what the DR ordered for Todd and for the rest of us too. What a great relaxing vacation of doing a whole lot of nothing. The boys all learned to surf too. Here are some pics we took while there.



3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Kara, glad to see you posting again! Your family pics look great!

Cadi said...

Kara- Your family pics are super wonderful. I MISS you guys so much.

Kyle and Morgan said...

You totally have such a dang stinkin cute family!! P.S i'm going to still the picture of the synchro girls!! Only for good reason though.... Don't I have an adorable little sister??