Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cousins

Tyler and Kaylee have no first cousins anywhere close to their age. I guess that is what happens when your parents get married so young, and then no brothers or sisters get married, or has kids any time soon. They have always complained about this...like it is something I can do anything about.

Lucky for me, I have several cousins close to my age. There were 3 boys and 4 girls in a 2.5 year span. We always had fun when we were growing up. Some of my favorite memories are with them. ( do any of you remember the dime into the funnel tucked into Matt's waist band at the rocket ship park?)

Most of these cousins have kids my kids' ages. So Ty and Kaylee at least have some cousins. We only see each other about 3 times a year, or less for those in Kansas. We finally got them all together, including Porter, who was meeting some of them for the first time ever I think.

My house was full of teenagers, and I have never enjoyed it more. Pizza, games, 007 (we did not lose anyone!) and a plethora of laughter. I love seeing all of these kids get along so well. (I keep telling Ty and Kaylee that someday they will want to date their cousin's friends, or at least have their cousins set them up with cute boys/girls. I'm not sure they get it yet.)

I wasn't sure where it would go from here. But as everyone was leaving, they all told their mom's about their grand plan...getting together the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month, always at different homes so each family would host only every 3 months.... Boy that sound ambitious, yet fun. Hopefully we can get them together soon, but we will sure miss Porter if he's not here.

I'm grateful for such fun cousins who made wonderful memories with me, and also that we can help our kids make fun memories together too.


The whole crew Top row: Ashton (not related, but a friend of Elyse's), Michael, Braelyn
Middle Row: Porter, Elyse, Ty, Conner
Bottom Row: Hannah, Audrey, Kaylee, Elisabeth

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Glad everyone had fun! I miss those days, too when I was always around cousins...

♥HANNAH♥ said...

that was the funnest night ever!!!! we are so doing that plan!

Katrina said...

I never had cousins my age either - wish I had! Looks like they had an awesome time together!