Monday, February 16, 2009

Where I have been lately...

I feel so loved that people have asked why I have not blogged lately. I have been crazy busy. So here is a quick update. Of course, preschool, coaching, my yw's calling, and surprisingly enough, real estate has kept me very busy. Along with all the mom stuff I'm supposed to do. But in addition to all that......



January found me making and glittering suits and headpieces for Kaylee's first meet. (She did great.) The meet was 2 long days, but she looked great and swam very well.



To start February, I've been making more headpieces. I also made personalized cookies for the kids' classes for Valentine's Day. Every year I say no more, but always get sweet talked into it.

So today, I took the day off. Todd and I took the kids to hike Fremont Saddle in the Superstition Mountains with some friends.

However, mostly Todd and I have been moping around feeling sorry for ourselves that 1 year ago we were on a cruise... relaxing on the top of the mountain is just not the same...

8 comments:

Carri said...

Thanks for the update :) When I checked your blog out earlier today, it was blank. Just the picture at the top, no posts at all. That's why I asked if you deleted it.
And by the way, Kaylee's suit is BEAUTIFUL!!! I don't know if I ever told you how much I really like it.
I tried to take the kids to a movie today, but after two tries (both sold out), we just came home. We should have gone hiking apparently!

Ang said...

It's nice to have you back again! It sounds like life is pretty crazy and wonderful. You are amazing!

Cadi said...

Hey Mrs. Fancy Pants lady! Glittery suits, headpieces, and personalized cookies?....impressed once again. You don't give yourself enough credit for it either, I'm guessing!

Miss you Kara and so my do my girls, "when can we go to Mrs. Kara's house???" They love you!

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Your daughter looks so much like you!!! And she really looks good in her outfit, its impressive. Just say no! I'm talking about making the cookies for school....in Utah, only already made, wrapped treats are allowed to be brought to school (dum but hey, its utah) And some advice....go on another cruise! But hiking with fam has to be a close second, xoxo janey

Debbie said...

Hey, I'm just glad to know that we get to be part of your busy craziness...by the way, with being sore today, I'm questioning whether the hike really was worth it! JK!

Nic said...

Those suits are so awesome! I bet they get put to good use around Halloween time too! if not, send them our way!! Nice to see an update on your cute family!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Those cookies are amazing, as well as the suits...you are a talented woman!! It's been so long since I've seen you guys, I can't believe how old your kids are!!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey there Kara!! Seriously, long time NO blog..don't know why I'm razzin ya..I'm the worst at updates. It's awesome to get my BOWMAN fix..miss ya.