Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Best Friends

Some of you know that Travis has a bad case of Idol (hero) worship. No it is not the Nintendo. (That would be Tanner)

Travis idolizes Keith Van Oostendorp.

When the Millers moved, Travis was devastated. His 2 best friends (that he still talks about) were gone. The only thing that softened the blow was Keith. Keith was 18 years old at the time, but he rides motorcycles, Travis' great love!! Travis became his shadow almost instantly.


Two weeks ago, Travis had to write a story at school about his best friend. He did not choose the kids at school, or any family member to write about. He chose Keith. Keith has since left on his mission...yes, many tears were shed at our home, especially once Travis realized Keith would miss his baptism day.

Here is his story...spelled just like he did it.

"My Best Friend by Travis Bowman. My best friend is Keith. Keith is alot oder then me. Keith has a dirtbike. It is red. I like to go over to his howes to help him change his tiers and wosh it. Keith is fun. Keith is going on his mishin for to yers. Im going to mis him. I am going to write him leters. Keith is 19 and I am 7. Keith and me like to tolk abaot ploying water footboll and basketball to. I like Keith because he makes me laugh."

We like Keith too. We are so grateful to him for being such a wonderful example of a righteous young man. We hope Travis turns out just like him. The case of hero worship is surely justified!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it awesome that we have great examples all around us. Sometimes we think of all the bad a little too much. I love that Travis has that example to lead the way. I hope Logan has someone near and dear that will encourage him to to go on his "mishin"!

Norris Family said...

Its great to have heros like that to look up too. Beats Kobe Bryant or such characters in the public eye. I loved the story. I cant wait until my kids are writting cute things like that for me to enjoy reading.
Kaylee in YW!! I still remember her in primary. I am sure that she is loving it though!

Cadi said...

So adorable...I can hear Travis' voice narrating it for me too. Miss all you guys.

Nic said...

Too sweet, Boys are cute!

♥HANNAH♥ said...

haha thats so funny and cute! thats one of natalies friends too!!