Monday, October 20, 2008

Pierced ears

Well the big day arrived. We finally got pierced ears on a boy at our house. Not, as I am sure you all are wondering, Todd...It is our very own Travis!! but not in the way typically imagined.


Sunday evening I spent a few hours at Stake meetings and come home to a hospital ward in my bedroom. Seems that something was thrown by Tyler that hit Travis just right and pierced his upper ear. In fact, it went through his ear into his head. Yeah, I'm glad I missed the gory bloody part. Todd mostly had him cleaned up when I got home.


We had our good friend (the dentist... cause who is better qualified with holes in the head?) check it out to see if he needed stitiches. The cost of some butterfly bandages outweighed the $200 ER visit fee to be told no stitiches necessary.


When we asked Trav if we could put an earring in, he was outraged. "I'm not a gurwul (girl), Mom!" Hopefully, we won't have to deal with earrings on a boy again.



11 comments:

Katrina said...

Ouch - some blood & gore just in time for Halloween! :) Glad he's OK!!

Cheryl said...

Dang, that looks like it HURT!

Bet you're glad it was on Todd's watch and not yours~~you just get to come home and see the aftermath. Ewww...

Glad the injury wasn't serious! :)~

Anonymous said...

Brutal Kara! I'll just pretend it was all some Halloween makeup! OUCH!!

Carri said...

It must have been the day for older brothers to injure younger brothers in the head. Happened at our house, too. But Travis' injury totally beats out Sam's (his was just a nice little gash from being pushed into a wall). I'm glad he decided no on the earring. Smart boy!

Cadi said...

So yucky...I am not good with that kind of stuff. It's good blogging material though, Thanks Travis and Tyler.

The Hansen Family said...

Nasty.

So wait... you don't have your ears pierced?

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Kara,
EWW! I have a hard time with that kind of boo boo. I use to have my ear pierced up there before
Pres. Hinkley said only one piercing for girls and that area is so sensitive. OUCH! Poor kiddo. Glad he is okay.
I use to have 11 pierces it isn't that bad to have them done. he he
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Leisel said...

I've never even had my ear pierced! I never wanted mine done, but he probably didn't either. One time we had our neighbor who is a foot doctor sew up Daysons chin because we didn't want to spend $200 on the ER either.

Lisa said...

Yeah I agree with Cadi.....great blogging material....thanks Travis for taking one for the team!...:)

The Roberts Family said...

blog hopping! i had to look at the pictures! thats crazy
AUDREY

Chalice said...

Hey Kara,
I found your blog after I saw you on facebook. How have you been???
Chalice Dozier Duey